Complaints Policy Statement
We at Talk Clothing 50 Ltd believe that if a customer wishes to make a complaint or register a concern they should find it easy to do so.
Talk Clothing 50 Ltd’s policy is to welcome complaints and look upon them as an opportunity to learn, adapt, improve and provide a better service.
This policy is intended to ensure that complaints are dealt with properly and that all complaints or comments by customers are taken seriously.
The policy is not designed to apportion blame, to consider the possibility of negligence or to provide compensation.
It is NOT part of each establishment’s disciplinary policy. We at Talk Clothing 50 Ltd believe that failure to listen to or acknowledge complaints will lead to an aggravation of problems, customer dissatisfaction and possible litigation.
Talk Clothing 50 Ltd supports the concept that most complaints, if dealt with early, openly and honestly, can be sorted out between just the complainant and Talk Clothing 50 Ltd. If this fails due to either Talk Clothing 50 Ltd or the complainant being dissatisfied, we will use Ombudsman Services Ltd for all dispute resolution.
The aim of Talk Clothing 50 Ltd is to ensure that its complaints procedure is properly and effectively implemented, and that complainants feel confident that their complaints and worries are listened to and acted upon promptly and fairly.
- Customers and their representatives are aware of how to complain, and that Talk Clothing 50 Ltd provides easy to use opportunities for them to register their complaints
- Every written complaint is acknowledged within three working days
- Investigations into written complaints are held within 28 days
- All complaints are responded to in writing by Talk Clothing 50 Ltd
- Complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly and sensitively with due regard to the upset and worry that they can cause to both Talk Clothing 50 Ltd and their customers.
- All oral complaints, no matter how seemingly unimportant, will be taken seriously.
- Talk Clothing 50 Ltd employees who receive an oral complaint will seek to solve the problem immediately if possible.
- If staff cannot solve the problem immediately they will offer to refer the matter to the complaints manager to deal with the problem.
- All contact with the complainant will be polite, courteous and sympathetic.
- If the complaint is being made on behalf of the customer by an advocate it must first be verified that the person has permission to speak for the customer, especially if confidential information is involved. It is very easy to assume that the advocate has the right or power to act for the customer when they may not. If in doubt it will be assumed that the customer’s explicit permission is needed prior to discussing the complaint with the advocate.
- After talking the problem through, each manager or the member of staff dealing with the complaint will suggest a course of action to resolve the complaint. If this course of action is acceptable then the member of staff will clarify the agreement with the complainant and agree a way in which the results of the complaint will be communicated to the complainant (ie through another meeting or by letter).
- If the suggested plan of action is not acceptable to the complainant then the member of staff or manager will ask the complainant to put their complaint in writing to Talk Clothing 50 Ltd.
- When a complaint is received in writing it will be passed on to the complaints manager who will record it in the complaints book and send an acknowledgment letter within three working days.
- If necessary, further details will be obtained from the complainant. If the complaint is not made by the customer but on the customer’s behalf, then consent of the customer, preferably in writing, must be obtained from the customer.
- If the complaint raises potentially serious matters, advice will be sought from a legal advisor. If legal action is taken at this stage any investigation by Talk Clothing 50 Ltd under this complaints policy will cease immediately.
- Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, we will use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution.
- Immediately on receipt of a complaint Talk Clothing 50 Ltd will launch an investigation and within 28 days will be in a position to provide a full explanation to the complainant, either in writing or by arranging a meeting with the individuals concerned.
- If the issues are too complex to complete the investigation within 28 days, the complainant will be informed of any delays.
- If a meeting is arranged the complainant will be advised that they may, if they wish, bring a friend or relative or a representative such as an advocate.
- At the meeting a detailed explanation of the results of the investigation will be given and also an apology if it is deemed appropriate (apologising for what has happened is not an admission of liability).
- Such a meeting gives Talk Clothing 50 Ltd the opportunity to show the complainant that the matter has been taken seriously and has been thoroughly investigated.
- After the meeting, or if the complainant does not want a meeting, a written account of the investigation will be sent to the complainant.
The outcomes of the investigation and the meeting will be recorded on appropriate documentation and any shortcomings in Talk Clothing 50 Ltd’s procedures will be identified and acted upon.